There are some information that might be handy for educators. The focus is for Engineering Physics courses but most items are of generic interest. Please do contribute your ideas by
- Assessment issues
- For a graduate student who fails a course, when should a grade of 'incomplete' be assigned rather than an F?
- Basically, if the student has been performing well but has legitimate reasons (a family emergency for instance) for failing to complete the course, then an 'incomplete' can be assigned.
- If an incomplete is given then the professor has (for Term 2 courses) until July 23 to supply a grade for this student or an automatic F will be put on the students record. If the assigned work is subsequently handed in by the deadline, the student does not have to re-register or pay for the course again.
- What happens when a graduate student is given an F?
- If a graduate student receives a grade of F then a memo from the Department must follow requesting that either the student be allowed to repeat or replace the course. The F stays on their record. The student will have to re-register for the course and Diploma & UNENE people must repay for the course.
- If no memo follows, the student is requested to withdraw.